The new data protection law comes into force on 25.05.2018.
- Have you already signed a contract for data processing in PC CADDIE and returned it?
- Did you make the decision regarding the data protection officer?
- Have you considered, discussed and settled all technical and organizational measures in the team?
We get daily questions on how the new law will affect the golf market and your golfing days, and what you should be aware of when using PC CADDIE.
Your 10 TOP topics with questions and answers
- How do we know if we need to appoint a data protection officer?
The law specifies this in §38BDSG / Art. 37 DSGVO:
If you employ up to 9 people who access the data (in addition to the secretariat team, for example, captains or pros), you need no data protection officer. You should only appoint a competent employee as our contact.
If 10 or more people can access the data, then you must appoint a data protection officer. Observe the regulations awailable in the Law text (in English).
- We only use the PC CADDIE Golf software and have no PC CADDIE online services installed. Why do we get a contract that also applies to the online applications?
The PC CADDIE Group, in consultation with its legal advisor, has decided to send a single contract to all our clients. And if you book online modules in the future, you are already covered.
- Why do we need this contract?
Because your current license and maintenance contract covers only the use of the software, the software maintenance and the scope of the support. This additional contract refers exclusively to the new EU General Data Protection Regulation. This is necessary so that PC CADDIE Group can continue to provide the usual support, even under the new legislation.
- Why do we need this contract as a Swiss company?
This is where the "market place principle" applies | Art. 3 / Abs. 2 DSGVO (spacial scope). According to this, the law also applies to companies outside the EU, especially if they process data from EU citizens, and also when they are contractual partners with German companies and exchange personal data with EU-based companies. Since you as a PC CADDIE customer also obtain services from Germany, this agreement is necessary.
- Does this contract also applies to all other IT applications of our company?
No. This Agreement is only valid and relevant to the legal relationship between your Golf Club and the PC CADDIE Group. Other external data processing partners, such as IT service providers, tax consultants, etc. have to conclude their own contracts with you.
- Are any costs incurred by signing the contract?
No, there are no costs, because this is part of the PC CADDIE services.
- We couldn't comply with the specified return date 15.3.2018 (or 15.04.2018 in the French Switzerland and Luxembourg) at the beginning of the season. Have we missed an important deadline? What can we do now?
This is not a problem at this time. Send us the contract and the contact sheet as soon as possible. However, please note: as long as we do not have the signed contract, we cannot help you with remote maintenance starting with 25.05.2018!
- When is the update finally released, containing all the functionalities needed to comply with the law coming into force on 25.05.2018?
We plan to have this version ready from the 20th calendar week (14th to 19th May). There is still a need for legal review and checking of all steps, to ensure that you can use all functions legally. Once this is settled, we will inform you personally. In addition, we offer an approximately half-hour online webinar in which we present the functions.
- Will PC CADDIE support me if I have to anonymize or delete the data for the first time?
Yes. Better save than sorry, and we will provide a suitable service for this purpose. Ewe will also personally inform you as soon as this service can be booked,.
- What else should I do organizationally in the club, to be fit for the new Data Protection Act?
Create a procedure directory and inform your members. Your golf association and the website supported by us www.golfdatenschutz.de (Password: BVGA) will provide additional support.
In this › issue 3/2018 (in German) of the Trade journal "golfmanager" - together with Mr. Karsten Klug, lawyer for data protection and IT law (elblaw Rechtsanwälte) - we also discuss legal issues for the protection of the members and guests' data in the everyday golf life. Just take a look. If any questions remain unanswered, please continue to write us at datenschutz (at) pccaddie.com.
Information of the federal commissioners for data protection and freedom of information (in German, last accessed on 25.04.2018)